Thursday, June 27, 2013

Public Speaking


To myself public speaking isn’t all that hard. Students or just people in general should just have a sort way to prepare themselves. Knowing all the information you can know about your topic makes a huge difference with public speaking. You spend less time looking down at your not cards or paper, and your speech will seem more natural.

The largest audience I’ve spoke in front of was a congregation at church. I was currently trying to become a member of the church and one of the requirements were to state why you should belong to the church and how the church has reflected on your life. The way I prepared for my speech was just f few little key words to stay on topic. What I ended up doing was just telling the congregation about myself, then telling a story about bible school and how I knew I wanted to become a part of the church.  I had people coming up to me after words thanking me for being relaxed, and looking at them when I was speaking. It kept them more into my speech unlike others who were to nervous to lift up their heads.

What had worked well for me is accepting the fact that you are getting up in front of  a large group of people. What also had worked was knowing what I was going to talk about, and informing the people on what I needed to say. In my own option, I feel like people shouldn’t try to go up to speak and try to sound smart. They should just feel comfortable, and it’ll make the speech go by with ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment